- Intercultural Studies:
- Israel – offered Fall 2022
- France – offered Spring 2023
Cher’s Classes available for 2022-2023
Cher’s Classes are now available in 2022-23 in two areas: Design – and Intercultural Studies!
Face-to-face courses will be offered through a local home school organization: Mid-Metro Academy. Home Educated Students in grades 9th-12th in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota & Western Wisconsin are welcome to enroll.
Virtual Intercultural Studies courses are being developed for Israel for Fall 2022 & beyond!
More details coming soon!
- Design I: Design for Interior Spaces – offered Fall 2022 will focus on home interiors
- NEW! Design II: Design for Exterior Spaces – offered Spring 2023 will focus on home exteriors, architecture & landscapes
The World: My Classroom!
“Professor Cher! There’s the Guernica!”
“No, it can’t be. The Guernica is in Spain. We’re in ROME!”
“NO! It’s there! Right down that street!”
And sure enough…they were right–sort of! They had discovered a true-to-size replica of Picasso’s famous “Guernica” on a side street in Rome, Italy. This mosaic copy was created outside a convention center in Rome during the time of our visit. I was so proud that my students connected the dots to recognize and identify this masterpiece, so totally out of context!
The world–my classroom – and what a great classroom it is! I offer a variety of studies, both virtual and face-to-face, for groups or individuals. These courses have been established over the years in a variety of ways. As an adjunct professor for North Central University, Minneapolis, I have taught Intercultural Studies courses since 2009 . Many of these courses culminated in tours across Europe and the Middle East. These courses have been enhanced with the Art History courses taught as adjunct professor for Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Art Tours at the Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia) – A great way to experience and appreciate art is to explore options in one’s own back yard. I will again offer personalized tours of the Mia once more of the pandemic restrictions are lifted and everyone feels safer. My unique tours have been developed during the 30+ years I have led customized Mia tours for students and adults. 90 minute tours currently include the following themes:
- Best of Mia Highlights
- Ancient & Medieval Art
- Renaissance-19th Century Art
- Impressionism-20th Century Art
- American, African, Asian & Islamic Art
- Sculpture throughout History
- Art seen through the Elements of Design.
- Requests, cost and reservations are available by contacting me at Cher@SkipAndCher.com. Additional tours are available by request. Sessions include an introduction, interactive tour, and discussion as we explore the treasures of this world class museum. Meanwhile, check out my blog on Art and Travel at the Mia.
Virtual, synchronist Zoom classes can be arranged for groups or individuals thinking about – or preparing to – travel both internationally or within the United States. One exciting aspect of these virtual classes is that no one has to travel from the comfort of their home! Contact me at Cher@SkipAndCher.com for details.
Holy Land classes are offered virtually as well as to coincide with a visit to Israel and Jordan with YEAH Educational Tours, LLC. Interested? Contact me at Cher@SkipAndCher.com
Cher, I absolutely loved the 15 week class you did for our trip to Israel. And I loved the trip. I think about it almost daily. It made such an impact on me. I cannot wait to go again. S.L. (3/23/2021)